Outstanding Legislator Award
For the past several years, CCBE has honored current California Senate and Assembly members. They actively work to improve our public schools, support local county and school board governance, and exercise leadership in the legislative arena.
CCBE encourages county boards to participate in nominating a member of the California State Legislature, the California Congressional delegation, or federal/state elective or appointed officeholder for CCBE's Outstanding Legislator Awards program. The award is bestowed upon one or more individuals who have been actively involved in legislation or activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs.
Past Award Recipients:
- 2022 – Senator Josh Becker
- 2021 – Senator John Laird
- 2020 – Assembly Member Robert Rivas
- 2018 – Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry & Assembly Member James Gallagher
- 2016 – Assembly Member Bill Dodd & Assembly Member Tony Thurmond
- 2014 – Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian & Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, & Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012, 2015, 2017, and 2019.