Outstanding Legislator Award
CCBE honors current California Senate and Assembly members who actively work to improve our public schools, support local county and school board governance, and exercise leadership in the legislative arena.
CCBE encourages county boards to participate in nominating a member of the California State Legislature, the California Congressional delegation, or federal/state elective or appointed office for CCBE Outstanding Legislator Awards program. The award is bestowed upon a member of the Senate or Assembly who has been actively involved in legislation or legislative activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs. Please be sure to include why your legislator is being recognized and share their story explaining how the work they are doing supports county offices of education and our student population and include photos or supporting articles and/or documentation and information about the problem and solution to the legislation they are supporting.
Past Award Recipients:
- 2023 – Assembly Member Mike Gipson
- 2022 – Senator Josh Becker
- 2021 – Senator John Laird
- 2020 – Assembly Member Robert Rivas
- 2018 – Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry & Assembly Member James Gallagher
- 2016 – Assembly Member Bill Dodd & Assembly Member Tony Thurmond
- 2014 – Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian & Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, & Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012, 2015, 2017, and 2019.